- All people deserve access to outdoor recreation. Seabirds International is working with several organizations and dedicated volunteers in Western New York to grow Adaptive Paddling.
Adaptive Paddling Workshop
Interested in making paddlesport accessible to those with physical disabilities?
Seabirds is excited to offer this course again in Western NY with Joe Moore of Adaptive Expeditions http://adaptiveexpeditions.org/ April 6th-8th 2018.
Adaptive Paddling Workshops (APWs) provide the information necessary to seamlessly integrate individuals with physical disabilities into outdoor recreation programs in the context of paddlesports. This course involves hands-on learning in both a classroom and in an accessible pool.
These workshops are designed to provide instructors, outfitters, recreation program providers, and rehabilitation professionals with the information they need to help people new to the sport how to achieve their paddling goals.
Volunteers with physical disabilities wishing to try paddlesports are welcome to observe the course in exchange for free instruction on Sunday. Volunteers are expected only to participate on Sunday from 9am-5pm.
6th April- 8th April 2018
Friday April 6th 4pm-7pm
Saturday April 7th 8:30am-5pm
Sunday April 8th 8:30am-5:30pm
Cost & Booking
$350 per candidate includes materials, venue, instructors, kayaks for adapting
Spaces limited, to book contact Andrea on firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates to bring:
- Adaptive Paddling book, http://www.americancanoe.org/?page=Courses_Adaptive
- Refreshments/lunch and snacks
- Equipment and Personal gear for pool use on Sunday
- $15 for the three day center membership fee (payable upon arrival at reception)
Cattaraugus Community Center, Irving NY- http://cattarauguscommunitycenter.com/
Certificates for ACA Adaptive Paddling Workshop
* American Canoe Association (ACA) instructors to earn the Adaptive Paddling Endorsement
*Candidates other than ACA instructors to earn the Certificate of Completion